ABOUT THIS BLOG

"A Faithful Attempt" is designed to showcase a variety of K-12 art lessons, the work of my art students, as well as other art-related topics. Projects shown are my take on other art teacher's lessons, lessons found in books or else designed by myself.
Thanks for visiting!
LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT I acknowledge, with deep respect, that I am gathered on Treaty 7 territory. I acknowledge the many First Nations, Métis and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for generations. I recognize the land as an act of reconciliation and gratitude to those whose territory we reside on or are visiting.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Mother's Day Ice Cream Cones


My Grade 4' made the super adorable ice cream cones for Mother's Day.
I found the idea HERE  on the website "A Cupcake for the Teacher". 
I altered her project a bit to allow for some more choices for my students.

I prepped the lesson by cutting lots of different colours of 9 x 12" construction paper in half. Light brown was for the cone and then some ice cream 'flavours' (strawberry, pistachio, etc). Strawberry/cherry was clearly the favourite!

They started off with making their cone and then drew on the texture lines using a brown coloured pencil. This was cut out. They used the shape of their cone to determine the size of the ice cream scoops(s).  Once those were cut out they could add any kind of topping like chocolate sauce or whipped cream and a cherry. 

On small scraps of coloured paper they wrote out adjectives describing their moms. These were cut out into little 'sprinkle' shapes and glued onto their ice cream.
These ended up being a bit too flimsy for my liking so I took the time to laminate them all.
I loved how they all turned out and the kids loved them even more! 
All in all, this took about 2- 40 minute periods to complete. 











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...